My Blog List

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Micah's Surgeries Day 9

Day 9-
We've made it 9 days since we first checked in and Micah had her anterior spinal fusion surgery! It only 4 days post-op from the 2nd surgery: the posterior spinal fusion and already Micah is exceeding our expectations! She sat in her chair 3 times today and also walked the hall 3 times, even if she hated every second of it! She's been taking oral pain meds for over 24 hours now so that's been great and they stopped her IV fluids in the middle of the night so she hasn't had to get up a ton to use the bathroom. She's eating normal food now although she hasn't had a huge appetite. She is really wanting sushi, so I'm guessing that will bring her appetite back when I can get her some! Favorite food since she was 2! :)
A couple of Micah's school friends came to visit today with their sweet mama's, Emma and Hayley. Shawn Crowdus brought Madison down for another visit before they were discharged later, and Micah's new band director Mrs.Perkins came by and everyone brought treats! It was a fun day and Micah got a couple of naps in between visitors and her chair sitting and walking the halls. She's shuffling and turning her feet in a bit but because her back curves were so bad, they affected her gait and now she's having to adjust. Hopefully it will all straighten out as she gets stronger!
Micah is definitely straighter! And taller. She says she still feels crooked and everything hurts so bad, but we now have proof the surgery worked! She and my youngest sister Abby (5'1" tall) were about the same height. Micah was 62" tall the day before the surgery. I can't wait for the next measurement!
Mom helping Micah stand next to Abby to compare heights. Look at those cute faces!
 My parents came again and brought my sister Abby plus several treats and at Micah's request: ChikFilA! She was excited about that! Gary had asked them to come stay with Micah for the evening so he could take me out to dinner! We've so enjoyed our weekly date nights and since we missed last weekend he insisted on getting me out of the hospital. After some resistance, I agreed and we went to one of our fave places Movie and Pizza in HarborTown since we were just down the street. We hit Cafe Eclectic afterwards for coffee and dessert as usual and he finished the evening by giving me 2 charms for my Pandora. He also told me the reasons behind choosing each one and it completely made my day! So thankful this man has stood by my side through all of this, it makes things so much easier! 
Gary's "I hate social media because it means I have to pose for even more pictures than ever" face.
 

0 comments: