My Blog List

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The woes of pregnancy

So I am now 16 1/2 weeks pregnant and still the lame sickness hasn't ended. I warned people that I am a very complaining pregnant person, but I'm sure no one was prepared. This has been the worst! Sick every day at least at some point, usually ate night around bedtime, but often all day long as well. I go to bed at night just to get some relief from the nausea. Smells and sinus drainage make me vomit on a semi-regular basis, which of course is TMI, but that's the beauty of having my own blog. :) I wish being pregnant gave me the right to tell guys that there is no need to dump the entire bottle of cologne on themselves. I also wish I could tell guys that, despite the Axe commercials, spraying massive amounts of Axe on yourself will NOT cause women to attack you in elevators or sniff your armpits after a Motorcross competition.  So please cut back. Women, you are generally okay, but please don't hug me because I will now smell like you for the rest of the day which will cause me to gag more than once. Its not that you smell BAD, its just....well, there is such thing as moderation and its a blessed thing!
I have also enjoyed getting bigger quicker with this 3rd pregnancy because the comments I get from people are so wonderfully uplifting and fantastic. My favorite was the lady at my Zumba 2 training this past Sunday who asked me how far along I was, to which I answered 16 weeks. She then proceeded to tell me how much bigger I am than her 25 year old daughter who is also 16 weeks but isn't even showing yet. "In fact," she said, "I just knew you were going to say how much further along you are because you are just so BIG compared to her!" To which I replied "Oh it must be her first. This is my 3rd. I taught aerobics bearing my midriff for the first almost 6 months of my first pregnancy, so just wait til she has a few more, it will just pop on out there!" Meanie. Okay I was being mean, too, but for crying out loud, is it really all necessary? I have pregnant friends who are getting the same thing and they look great--why is it ever okay to say anything other than "You look AMAZING!" to a pregnant woman? My only revenge is to lose it all afterwards. Hopefully.
Also, the food cravings are out of control these days! I mean, remember my Diet Coke-bashing blog a few months ago? Yeah, it was definitely my drink of choice for several weeks there, much to my dismay! But water made me gag! And I had run out of Perrier, which was my drink of choice for the weeks prior to that. It was pickle juice from the jar before that, though, so I feel that I've come a long way! haha. I also found myself picking off burnt cheese from the pan I baked my family's chicken in last night. What the crap--? And many of my friends and fam know about my Lenny's Pepper Relish purchase ("Oh no, sir, I don't want this dinky little $5 jar, give me the $20 gallon-jar please") but the other night I literally had to stop myself from going into Olive Garden and purchasing a bottle of their store Italian dressing....to DRINK. Oh the madness...
So all in all, I hate my body when I'm pregnant, I hate the fact I gag and spit all day long and when I cough it is so loud that Haven will say "Bless you Mom" from the other room, I hate the wacko dreams that wake me up at night, and I can't stand the fact that my skin resembles that of a 15 year old and this will strongly affect my fashion statements when sleeveless comes to town....but the thing that is more powerful than all of that hate? The fact that in just a few months I will be holding one of God's greatest miracles in my arms and it will have all been forgotten. Isn't that the beauty of it all?

2 comments:

Corrie said...

haha!! I love that you are drinking diet cokes! That made me smile:) Anyway, yes, being pregnant made me s-i-c-k as a dog, but you're so right...holding that precious baby makes you forget it all. What a blessing! Hope you start feeling better soon. You look great:)!

My first friend and me said...

Your preggo picture looks adorable! You are, of course, be a super cute pregnant person.. so hopefully that will make you feel better when you are sick. :)
I can't wait to meet the BABY!!!! Even though I know I have a few more months...
-Anna