My Blog List

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Super Easy Fish Tacos--YUM!

I'm not usually one who thinks enough of my recipes to take pictures of the final product and post the recipe on my blog. However, a friend of mine mentioned making fish tacos not too long ago using fish sticks and I thought, 'Hmmm...we can eat that!" So I thought I would make my own version of fish tacos including a homemade special sauce and a seasoned rice borrowed in part from a fellow blogger. So here goes, and be sure and stop by to let me know if you made this or have any additions of your own!

Super Easy Fish Tacos

18-24 fish sticks (3-4 per taco)
whole wheat flour tortillas or white corn hard shell tacos
chopped tomatoes
spinach/lettuce/cabbage
shredded cheese
rice
Old El Paso Low Sodium Taco Seasoning
a lime
1/4-1/2 dill seasoning
sea salt (I used citrus sea salt crystals)
1/2 cup light sour cream
1/4 cup mayo
1/4 cup butter
canned or frozen corn

Preheat oven to 400 degrees and cook fish sticks as directed. Meanwhile, to make my sauce I combined the sour cream, mayo, dill seasoning to taste, and about a tablespoon of the taco seasoning. I also juiced half a lime and added it in. The consistency should be lighter now almost like a thick salad dressing. Set aside. Cook rice (we used minute brown rice) and then add the butter, 2 tablespoons of taco seasoning, and juice the other half of the lime. Stir. Cook your corn. 
To make the tacos, place 2-4 fish sticks in each hard/soft taco shell and top with some sauce (oh gosh this sauce is so good). Add desired lettuce (we used spinach leaves), chopped tomatoes and shredded cheese. Put the rice and corn as your side dish and "ta-da!" enjoy fish tacos for supper tonight!

(you can also use cumin, cilantro and coriander in lieu of the taco seasoning if you'd rather go fresher)

 

2 comments:

Corrie said...

Your recipes are so yum! You should put more on here.

My first friend and me said...

I don't do fish sticks... but that recipe you posted on our blog (the easy crock pot chicken recipe)- I cook all the time! It is super yummy and super easy! I have even passed it on to others.
Your fish tacos look pretty though
-Anna