My Blog List

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Cute Canisters

I found these fun canisters at a yard sale this summer for just $3 for the set! They were in great condition but were grimy and dirty from being in someone else's kitchen plus they were WHITE and stood out too much in my kitchen with my creams and off-white accents:

So naturally I grabbed some of Gary's pliers and vice-grips from the garage and went to town dissecting and cleaning the nastiness:

 Then I spray-painted the canisters with Ivy Green gloss spray paint (Wal-Mart) and let it dry thoroughly, though patience is certainly NOT my strength.
I put them back together and think they look great against my burnt orange kitchen walls! I love the copper spoons!
Can't wait to put sugar in one of them and leave the rest empty forever because I'm not sure what to put in canisters! I'm serious. Flour? What else? Oh well, at least they look cute!

3 comments:

Stephanie Roy said...

They look great! Things I keep in canisters: Sugar, coffee, tea, nutritional yeast (yeah, probably not something the average person has lying around), baking soda, chocolate chips... that's all I can think of off the top of my head, but you get the idea. Use them for anything!

Anna said...

I put sugar, flour, brown sugar, and cookies (if I have cookies)... although I only have 3 canisters- so not all of those at one time. haha! They turned out cute!

Jessica said...

So cute! I would never have thought to do that...you are so creative with even the littlest things!
One thing we do have in common: I have 3 canisters on my counter, only one of which is filled...with sugar! LOL! Love you