My Blog List

Monday, September 6, 2010

The best Book Club EVER!

I don't have many things that I insist on doing on a monthly basis, but one thing I try never to miss is my wonderful Book Club! We call ourselves B.A.B.E.S and for almost 4 years now, we have met every month to discuss a book one of the members picks out. There are 12 of us, so we each host a month, and we each get to pick a book each year. There is quite an age-range (25- *ahem* 50-something) and quite a range of book tastes as well! I look forward to this each and every month and have so enjoyed getting to know these fabulous ladies and reading lots of great (and some not so great!) books!
This past month the pick was Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen and Corrie hosted. Kathy, who just can't help it, brought the circus to town (the theme of the book) by decorating Corrie's house. We were welcomed by this:
 And ate our yummy alfredo pasta with capers, grilled chicken, garlic bread, salad, and brownies on plates that look like this:
Which Kathy made and decorated herself! So clever. Here are some shots of our fun group:
The "elderesses" table (I feel the need to point out that that empty chair actually belonged to me who was an elderess this evening apparently!)
The younger gals, still of breeding age! haha. 
Jenna and Corrie fixing their coffee (assuming Jenna still calls her coffee flavored creamer coffee!)
Kathy brought "Rosie" and "Marlena" from the book as decor. Hilarious!
Jessica was holding our special guest Stone, who won't be attending anymore since he is not our kind of "BABE:" but he was a good guest tonight!
Anna has our "microphone" and its her turn to tell what she thought of the book. Stone is asleep until the next time we all burst into laughter! It happens a lot!


Looking forward to next month at Carol's home where we will discuss The Reliable Wife by Robert Goolrick, can't wait!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

I love our book club!! So much fun! I, too, look forward to this every month...and I never thought that I would enjoy it so much! LOL!

Oh, and the new blog layout is too cute!! I meant to tell you that the other day. You are just rockin the owls! :)

Jenna said...

Such a good blog! I loved it! And I definitely love some book club. Corrie did a great job and I can't wait for our next book!

Corrie said...

Love it!! Book club is one of the highlights of my month! I sure love all you gals:) I love that our little club went from something small with just desserts to this major "party" each month. It's great!

Kathy said...

Enjoyed your blog, Sarah! This was a fun book to discuss. Even the months that don't have the best reads, we all still have fun. I, too, love the club. :)