My Blog List

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Micah's Surgeries Day 10 & 11

Day 10-
We had a quiet Sunday morning at the hospital especially since Micah didn't get up a bunch during the night now that her IV fluids are off. We tried to watch the church service for GCC via livestream but the thing that makes computers have video capabilities like livestream and youtube was messed up (I called the info number) so we were out of luck. We did have a few visitors on Sunday which is always fun: Macy and Lindsey came by and our friends the Peays came by. Hallie wanted to take a pic with Micah to put on her shirt she'll be wearing when she runs the St.Jude half marathon in December. 
 
My mother graciously agreed to come up and stay with Micah overnight at LeBonheur so I could go home and get Haven ready for her first day of school Monday! I got home just before bedtime and was so excited to see my youngest two kids. Stone snubbed me but Haven was excited! Stone came around later, when I was singing to him and rocking him before bedtime. :) He took a really long time to fall asleep after that, but he's also been gone for a week to Gary's parents so he has to get reacquainted with his own bed I guess. Micah and Nana put on a movie in the hospital room and Micah promptly fell asleep. So grateful for good help!

Day 11- 
Homecoming! We were originally told 2-3 weeks and Micah is getting to go home at day 11! How awesome is our God??? Micah is being discharged today! So excited but yet sad to leave the hospital at the same time. Its been a really good experience, all things considered. On my way back to the hospital, I stopped and was robbed by purchased 2 dozen Gigi's Cupcakes to show our appreciation to the LeBonheur nurses and other staff. It was the least we could do, she was treated like a little princess most of the time!
Margarita, Midnight Madness, Strawberries&Champagne, Cinnamon Roll, Pink Princess to name a few   

After the removed Micah's last surviving IV (the one we protected like the Rock) we packed up (and packed up and packed up and packed up) everything and had Micah wheeled downstairs. My mom drove us and other than a few jarring turns, Micah made the trip just fine!

We picked up take out from Kyoto per Micah's request for her FAVORITE: sushi (mmm...) then picked up our prescriptions from the pharmacy and made it home. My in-laws were here with the kids, so grateful for their help!
I was able to take and pick up my little Haven from her first day of Kindergarten, she was SO excited and she loved it! I can't believe she has started school. Where has the time gone?
Haven Elizabeth

Mom: Haven, I change my mind. Don't you want to stay home with Mommy and not go to school? I can be your teacher instead.
Haven: I want to go to school! I have to learn all the REAL stuff. I mean, I already know all the rock star stuff, now I just need to learn the real stuff, Mom."

Oh...okay? But she did love it! I hope she loves it for a long time!

1 comments:

Corrie said...

So happy you guys are home! And I am just amazed at how awesome Micah is doing!