My Blog List

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

White Chicken Chili Goodness

My sweet friend Haley Winter so kindly shared her White Chicken Chili recipe with me (I asked for it after hearing my sister brag about how DELICIOUS it was when Haley brought them dinner after my sweet baby nephew was born) and it was so good, I felt the need to share my adaptation of it! I made a regular version and a veggie version (for me) so I'm sharing both! (With Haley's permission!)


White Chicken Chili by Haley
2 cans of canned chicken (cooked in skillet to get rid of that canned taste, Haley recommended)
2 cans cream of chicken soup
2 soup cans of skim milk (I used one can 2% milk, 1 can evaporated milk)
1/2 cup chopped onion (I omitted, G$ doesn't eat onions)
1 can Rotel
1 pkg of white chicken chili seasoning (I used a Splenda, Emeril's NoSalt, crushed red pepper, chili powder)
2 cans northern beans (I used 3/4 bag of dried beans, boiled for 2 hours)
*I also added 2 cloves of fresh garlic (minced)


I put all these ingredients in my big slow cooker and let it cook on Low for several hours. Haley says serve with corn chips and cheese, so I did!


Veggie White Chicken-less Chili:
1 red onion, chopped
1 can Rotel 
1 can northern beans (I used a little less than half a bag of boiled dry beans)
1 can Pinto beans
1 can cream of potato soup
season to taste: Emeril's NoSalt, crushed red pepper, chili powder, chiplotle-type seasoning)
1 clove minced garlic 
I sauteed the onion with a small amount of EVOO. Meanwhile, I combined all ingredients into my totally cute owl slow cooker (pictured first) because it's a medium sized slow cooker and I didn't need to make as much of the veggie version as the meat version and let it cook on Low for a few hours. I served with corn chips and cheese.


I combined some of both chili's and took it to my friend BreAnna and her husband who just had a precious new baby and they enjoyed it! My friend Lawanda also enjoyed a sampling of both versions and I'm proud to say she liked the meatless version best--Yay! All of my family actually ate this meal, so this one will definitely go into the rotation. Thanks so much for your willingness to share your recipe, Haley!!

1 comments:

Anna said...

This one is a little different than the pinterest one-- I just made that one this week-- I'll have to try her version too- because it was delicious! :)